For an artist who has been nothing but successful in every detail of the word and still remained humble and down to earth, you will be wrong not identify with him every now and then. His unprecedented ability to re-invent himself has kept him relevant in the music industry till date.
1.The moment 2baba released African Queen, he was cemented as one of the most iconic African musicians of all time. The 2004 hit also made 2face Idibia one of the most bankable artists in the continent and his musical efforts have seen him showered with accolades.
2. In 2009, he was presented with the prestigious International Youth Ambassador for Peace Summit and the Nigeria Youth Merit Award by the National Youth Council of Nigeria in recognition of his contributions to youth development in Nigeria.
3. In 2009, 2Face was appointed as ambassador by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. He released a song “Man Unkind” to raise awareness on the menace of fake and sub-standard food and drug products in Nigeria.
4. November 2005, 2face holds his award for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Lisbon, Portugal.
5. He is part of the Sony All African One8 Project alongside seven other musicians across Africa recording a single with R. Kelly and Prince Lee titled “Hands Across the World”. 8. H
6. He released a promotion album in 2008 called The Unstoppable releasing the single “Enter the Place”. In 2010, 2face released an “international edition” of the same under the title The Unstoppable International Edition making him the first Nigerian artist to have an appropriately priced international album.
7. The international edition of the album won two awards at the 2010 SoundCityMusic Video Awards. He also won the Channel O Music Video Awards Best African Western award and the MTV Africa Music Awards for Best Male and Artist of the year.
8. He is the first non-Liberian to become an honorary member of the Liberian music society in recognition for his outstanding contribution to the growth of music in Africa.
9. He has been named Red cross ambassador society of Nigeria. 2face has several collaborations all over the globe, giving his collaborators the opportunity to win an awards for each duet such as street credibility by 9ice, possibility by p-square and lots more.
10. 2Face has established an NGO called 2Face Idibia Reach-Out Foundation. whose motto is “service to humanity”.
11. 2face Idibia has also been an ambassador for quite a number of brands including Guinness, Nigerian Breweries etc. He is also the brand ambassador for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
12. In 2015, the only book on the life and times of 2face Idibia, A Very Good Bad Guy, was published.
13. In April 2016, he was made a Campari ambassador at the 4th annual Nigerian Entertainment Conference.
14. In June 2016, a street was named after the musician in Lagos by Haven Homes. Innocent Idibia Street can now be found inside Richmond Estates in Lekki, Lagos.
15. He held the biggest music concert of the year, ‘Buckwyld ‘n’ Breathless’ alongside rapper M.I Abaga on September 3, 2016 at the Eko Hotels in Lagos.
16. He became Youth Ambassador for the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) in August 2016